Thursday, July 19, 2007

Week Three

Not a very imaginative title for this post. But it can't pass unmentioned. This has been quite a challenging week. If I were going to be a big whiny baby, I would have a lot to say. But of course, I am not! I am a missionary, we can handle a few "issues," right?

On the bright side, the Missionary Cenacle Volunteers have been on deck and quite supportive, not to mention fun to be with. So, despite a lot of rain, the resignation of our groundskeeper, the destruction of some recreational supplies, and ... but I said I was not going to whine! Anyway, we are sustained by the grace of God, and life at Trinita continues full speed ahead. The most we had to handle was yesterday, and things are improving by now. We watched a Jackie Chan movie after we closed the pool due to heavy rain, and many of the kids fell asleep. And tonight, the lodge is closed yet it is fairly quiet out there. I think folks just are worn out at this point. I have had some great games of Candyland this week, and I even had time to hang out some with my friend who is serving here this week. Because she is my friend, I am giving her all the hard jobs.

But not Arts and Crafts. I would not do that to her. That would be just wrong.

7 comments:

MSBT said...

I'm glad to hear that friends don't make friends do arts and crafts.
Barb Mc

Anonymous said...

Hello to all trinita gente! It's good to know that life at trinita is still crazy and fun. I was at Trinita in 2001 maybe I forget I feel so old but let me update........ We were a bunch of crazy young adults with the idea that we were going to hang out in CT at a retreat center where it would be peaceful and really well just quiet. Far from it I don't know what made us all believe that it was going to be quiet considering how loud we really were. I still remember the fact of all us dressing up like some character from the Wizard of Oz. Wow I can't believe that I actually put on a dress. I did it all for the families that came off the bus from Cleveland and Jersey and wow were they happy..... I really got to go but I pray for all the volunteers and families that are together at Trinita and please let me one day return with my own family from here in the Chi! God Bless!!!!!!!!!!!11

Anonymous said...

Ack!! I just stumbled on this website to see what Trinita was up to these days, and someone anonymously leaves a message that was from my group! Come back!

I'm Greg, the crazy blond-haired guy who was usually the scarecrow and played guitar. Let's catch up!

gregheldt at hotmail dot com.

MSBT said...

Greg!!!! The Scarecrow! You come back! We could use your help for sure! Well, this summer is almost over but don't forget us next year.

2001, a great summer and a great team of lifers.

Anonymous said...

The idea of coming back has certainly passed my mind more than once. I won't rule it out!

Hope all is well!

-Greg

Anonymous said...

How funny...I did a google search on Trinita and came up with this site. And the comments are from folks from the year I volunteered =)

This is Ellen...crazy, energetic, cowboy hat Ellen...

I have fond memories of Trinita and hope to return some time soon... =)

Trinita said...

I would love to see you here again, Ellen! I remember you too. Like I said, 2001 was a jackpot summer for great volunteers who stayed for the whole six weeks!