Saturday, January 9, 2010

Knock Knock!

OK, I admit freely that I have a child-like sense of humor. My absolute number one favorite joke of all time is one I learned from the five-year-old nephew of Sr. Stephanie when her family visited our cenacle:

Why did the frog cross the road?

?????? OK, why did the frog cross the road?

Cuz he was stapled to the chicken!!!!! (followed by gleeful five year old laughter.)

How can you not adore that joke? Another favorite is, "Hey I know a great Knock-Knock joke! Go ahead, ask me Knock Knock!"

Oblivious victim: " Ok. Knock Knock."

Then you say "Who's there?" and stare at the victim while they slowly realize that this is so very backwards.

If they try a knock-knock joke on you, the appropriate response is, "Come in."

OK, so here is my first post on my blog for 2010. Knock Knock. Who is there? Who the heck reads my blog???? Am I dropping stones down a bottomless well, or is anyone really out there? I just gave you some great jokes you can use in any social setting. Your payment is to post a comment on this entry. Tell me who you are. I just want to know if anyone besides my three friends reads this thing.

11 comments:

Santa Joe said...

Hi Sister Deb,

I thoroughly enjoy your blog and check it out regularly. Your insights are very meaningful.

It keeps me connected to the marvelous spirit of Trinita which I enjoyed last summer.

Keep blogging --- your message is inspiring --- and, often quite humorous.

You brighten my day.

Thank you.

Joe

Eileen said...

Hi Sr. Deb,

What did one strawberry say to another strawberry?

It's your fault I'm stuck in this jam!

Like Joe, I also enjoy reading your blogs. I hope you're having a very Blessed New Year!

smiles and hugs,
Eileen...sometimes known as Elaine. =)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sister Deb,
I'll admit to being a blog-lurker. I enjoy seeing new updates on the life at Trinita. My year at Trinita is filled with great memories. Your blog connects me to the ongoing life that occurs at this very special place.

Thank you for writing!

Kate

Perry said...

Hi Sister Deb,

This is my first time at your blog, but I am putting it on my "blogs to read" list!

I volunteered at Trinita the summer of 2000 and also have so many wonderful memories. Once my children are older, I would love to take my family to volunteer for a week.

Your sense of humor was one of my favorite things about Trinita! :) I love the jokes and will use them with my class at school.

Blessings,
Jamie Bender Perry

Olivia said...

Hola my esteemed sister!

The Cardinal is coming to the Motherhouse on Tuesday for a Vocation Day. Perhaps I'll try out your frog/chicken joke on him. Maybe not.

Of course I read your blog!! I have even been known to, ever so politely, order you to post something, and you have obediently done so.

Remember, you are the writer in the family. It was a dark and stormy night . . .

Cuidate,
Livie, sometimes known as Livi

Maureen Walker said...

Hi Deb!
Sorry I missed seeing you over New's Years when we were there....and yes, I read the blog!
Happy New Year!

Maureen

Anonymous said...

Hi Sr. Deb!
I, too, love to read your blog. I am a little technologically slow, so I am not actually sure how to get to people's blogs without receiving an email or FB message about it to remind me...but then I check:)

New Year's Blessings,
Maureen Masterson

Trinita said...

Joe, you proved your sense of humor the day you let me wrap you up in green crepe paper and tape ornaments to you!

Eileen, your joke was berry funny!

Kate, I hope you enjoy Dayton as much as I did.

JAMIE! The Wizard of Oz summer was a classic, and I cherish the memories of you and the other lifers in costume!

Livi, thanks for hanging in, but I am not the only writer in the family, cher.

Maureen, sorry I missed another cool fireplace adventure in the lodge.

Maureen, i don't post often enough for you to worry about missing much. I saw your wedding pictures (reception at least) on Facebook!

Erika said...

Sister Deb,

Like I posted before, reading this blog helps me to feel I'm close to holy land Trinita. I hope to see you this summer.

:)

Erika Alanis

Jennifer said...

Hi Sr. Deb!
I admit to being a blog-stalker :) I love reading about what's going on with you, the sisters, and life at Trinita. I miss my MCF friends!

Jennifer Chellberg

Tammyxcib said...

Hi Deb! Sorry I missed seeing you over New's Years when we were there....and yes, I read the blog! Happy New Year! Maureen