Thursday, October 15, 2009

Numbers

I have taken on the finances here at Trinita since Joan has moved to the Motherhouse. Well, someone has to do it. I am slowly getting the hang of it. But it is a lot of numbers.
I mean a lot.

Everything is coded. Every receipt is saved. Everything is filed. Many forms to fill out.

This afternoon, I sat at my desk up here on the second floor, the best office at Trinita. Great view. I am all caught up on finances for now, so I pulled out a chore I had put off doing. Making up the family contact list for everyone here. Oh, wow, more numbers. Lots and lots of numbers. This is a situation that is sure to get me into trouble sooner or later. I am going to mess up somewhere, somehow. I just know it. Dang.

But here are a few more numbers before I leave to go to evening prayer. It is the Ides of October , that is, 10/15/09. And guess what? It's snowing outside. I kid you not. And it's sticking. Sticking to the fall leaves and the green grass. Welcome to Trinita.

2 comments:

Santa Joe said...

WOW! Snow on the grounds of Trinita has to be beautiful. I was blessed to be there for a few weeks last summer and the spirit of love is pervasive.

Sister Deb, you will be as good with numbers as you are with everything else.

"Santa Joe"

Trinita said...

Santa! You left your special hat here this summer! Come back any time to pick it up. Bring Mrs Claus along!