Friday, March 7, 2008

Rain

The weather is ordinary now. We are getting rain and the rivers are going to flood. All that snow melting, plus a drenching coming down.

We have a group of teens here this weekend, but I have no actual connection to them. I guess the only thing unusual going on is that we have a new couple coming to make the pancakes for breakfast and I have to get up to teach them how. Which is funny, because I have hardly ever had to do it myself. I am definitely not a morning person.

My work is ordinary, too. I had to work on the ordo, which is quite tedious. Perhaps the most tedious work I have had to do since I worked in a lab and had to do about a million zinc assays, day after weary day. Yeah, the ordo work can be pretty doggone tedious.

I suppose this could be a pretty tedious, ordinary, boring blog entry. I am instant messaging my brother right now so I can't even focus on anything clever to say. But why not. I can't always be clever and interesting!

And see, it's ok. Right now, at 11:15 PM, a bunch of teenagers have gone out onto the front lawn, which in fact is too dark even to see, and they are running around laughing in the rain. This is a fun, happening place! Who would not want to live here?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know whether my work is ordinary or not. I don't really know what "ordinary" work means.

If we look back at the great works from the past they are usually accomplished by a bunch of people doing "ordinary" stuff.

Anonymous said...

Who wouldn't want to live at Trinita? I don't know. Some crazy person. And after some time for reflection and prayer, I've accepted that the summer program cannot be held in the winter.

Carolyn :)